Monday, October 18, 2010

Meet the Artist: Nicki Schneider (Zombie Socks) - Textiles

I never set out to be a crafter or an artist, I actually started making Sock Monkeys as gifts to give my family and friends during the holiday season.  It was my boyfriend who spoke up and suggested I participate in a local craft show.  I made ten creatures, sold them all that first show and I was hooked.   I started experimenting with different patterns, creatures, yarns, socks etc....  I love just sewing pieces together and seeing how they turn out. 


I've been crafting for about 3 years now and I'm loving every minute of it.  I love it so much that in January of this year I got together with a few of my friends and started the Cleveland Craft Coalition (the CCC.)   My goal is to make ZombieSocks and the CCC my full time jobs.  I get so excited every time I'm asked to participate in a different craft show, have my stuff in a new boutique or gallery or when the CCC is asked to put together a show for a new venue.  


Everyday it's something new and I couldn't be happier.  Sure, I get stressed and over-whelmed sometimes - staying up til all hours of the night frantically making pieces for a show the next day - but I wouldn't have it any other way.  


You can see more of Nicki's creations at ZombieSocks.etsy.com and on Facebook.
You can also become a fan of the Cleveland Craft Coalition on Facebook at www.facebook.com/clevelandcraftcoalition.

No comments:

Post a Comment